Amazon Banner

Saturday, January 18, 2014

Kindle Freeze

Today I was just reminded of one of the big differences between Kindles and real books.

I was in the middle of a very interesting read when my Kindle Fire just froze up.  Nothing I did to wake it up seemed to work.

I eventually figured out how to do a hard reboot. (Hold the on switch down for 20 seconds.) 

After a few anxious moments the device was running.  Although I had to spend about ten minutes flipping pages to get back to my place in the book.

Real books don't freeze up.  Kindles, being computers, sometimes do.

Don't get me wrong.  I love my Kindle, and I actually prefer reading books on it.

But sometimes the things you love can irritate you.

Don't let my little rant put you off of Kindles.  They are a joy to use.  I actually have and use two.  But make sure you know what to do when your Kindle gives you trouble.


                               

No comments:

Post a Comment