Amazon Banner

Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Holes by Louis Sachar

Genre: Children's Literature, Young Adult Literature

Setting: A boys correctional camp near a dry lake bed.

First Sentence: There is no Camp Green Lake


I am a big fan of the movie "Holes"  For me it is an example of well written fiction.  It's a nice tight story with no loose plot lines.

I decided to read the novel to discover the author's original story.  I was surprised to see how close the novel and the film were to each other.

Reading the book was just like seeing the movie again.

There are a few minor differences, but nothing that that distracts from the original plot.

Although the target audience for the novel is children and young adults, I think adults would appreciate reading a good story, well written.

There is a sequel to Holes titled Small Steps.

                                                          

No comments:

Post a Comment