Amazon Banner

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Demon's Night by Guido Henkel

Genre: Historical Fiction, Supernatural Mystery, Occult Detective Mystery

Setting: Victorian London

Something is murdering the residents of London.  Its victims are found dessicated, as if the very life had been sucked out of them.  Reports of these unnatural deaths draw the interest of Jason Dark.  Dark is an investigator of supernatural mysteries.  He comes from a family of Geisterjager, or ghost hunters.  He pursues the demon into London's China town where he saves the life of a Chinese woman, Siu Lin.  Siu Lin is trained in martial arts.  Together they work to defeat the maleficent being.  Can they destroy the demon before he releases a stronger and more evil creature into the world?

I really enjoyed this novel. It is a fast paced story that keeps you turning pages.  As a reader, I am not a big fan of too much description.  Henkel gives the reader enough detail to understand the setting, and moves the plot along.  I enjoy novels such as this, in which the author allows me to use my imagination.  Henkel's novel was the storyboard to my mental motion picture.

This novel is the first in a series of Jason Dark novels.  As such it does a good job of introducing Jason Dark.  Like many fictional detectives, Dark has a past which I am sure will be revealed in later novels.  Siu Lin will make a great sidekick for Dark.  She is a martial arts expert who can fight demons in the streets of London, and in the stacks of London libraries (in two languages!).

If you are looking for a fast paced, fun read, I encourage you to give Demon's Night a try.

Demon's Night



If you'd like to read more of my reviews, give my eBook a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment